How to read multiple mailboxes from the one Webmail login
Our webmail facility can be configured so you can access multiple mailboxes and switch between them easily from the one login just like you can in a tradition desktop mail client like Outlook.
To configure multiple accounts follow the steps below:
- Login to the webmail facility http://webmail.ib.com.au
- Click on Settings in the top right.
- Select Identities which is the 3rd option in the first column on the left.
- This will give you a list of the identities created on this account. Click the Plus (+) down the bottom of the Identities column to add a new Identity.
- Enter a Display Name, Email Address and Signature (optional) that you want for the new address.
- Click Save.
- The system will now send an email to the new address you want to read in the webmail to verify you have control of it. You will need to do this only once by accessing it with another mail client or
- separate webmail log to click the link. Once you have done this the identity will be verified. We appreciate this step is annoying but its required to prevent fraudulent use of mail identities.
- Once the identify is verified reload the Identities page in webmail and click on the new one you just added. Down the bottom below your signature you will see IMAP Section.
- Tick the box to enable the service, enter a label name so you can identify this identity. e.g. work
- Enter the IMAP server as ssl://mail.informationbrokers.com.au:993
- Enter your email username (typically same as your email address) and your password.
- Leave Folder hierarchy delimiter as . (dot) unless your mail is hosted on a windows server (rare).
- click Save.
Your new Identity will now be available in the top Right of the Mail tab.
Q) I can't see the new identity I have added.
A) You most likely have the menu in the top right minimised, you will only see icons rather than Mail, Address Book, Settings etc. Click so the small white arrow points up to display the full menu and just to the right of logout you will see a drop down with your new Identities.
Q) How many identities can I add?
A) As many as you like.
separate Back to FAQ