How do I set up email accounts on Outlook 2010 & 2013?
This article explains how to set up your email in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013.
You will need the following.
• Your Email Address
• Your Email Password
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2010. Click File, and then click Add Account.
- At the bottom, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail, and click Next.
- Enter Your Name and full Email Address.
- Select account type. POP3 (Save messages locally on your computer) or IMAP (Save emails on server, use this to sync mail folders between devices)
- Enter the mail servers below;
POP3 & IMAP Incoming mail server mail.ib.com.au Outgoing mail server (SMTP) mail.ib.com.au
- Enter your User Name (your full email address) and Password, and select Remember password.
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab. Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- On the second line where it says Use the following type of encrypted connection select SSL from the drop down box. The port number in the box just above this will jump automatically to either 995 if you are using POP or 993 if you are using IMAP.
- Just below that you will see Outgoing server (SMTP), select SSL from the drop down box for Use the following type of encrypted connection and change the number in the box from 25 to 465.
- Click Next.
- Outlook 2010 will test your settings. When it’s done, click Close.
- Click Finish.
That's it. If everything is working OK, you should see some email messages. If you don't, press the F9 key on your computer to receive messages.Back to FAQ