Volunteer Police Check
An increasing number of volunteer positions involve a level of trust. As a way to establish trust, many organisations now ask current and prospective volunteers to undergo police clearance checks. For a number of industries and roles undertaking a Police Check is a statutory requirement.
The Volunteer Police Checks provided by Information Brokers can fulfil this requirement by returning a Police Check report, which is taken from the National Police History database.
Who Is It For?
A Volunteer Police Check can be ordered by any individual who requires a police clearance for an unpaid position. (eg. student placement / coach of the local sporting team)
Organisations can also order a Volunteer Police Check on behalf of their volunteers (as long as they have the volunteer’s permission to do so)
Business accounts are also available for organisations that need to process multiple or frequent checks – more information
What Do You Get?
Upon completion of a Volunteer Police Check, the results are issued as a National Police History Check certificate.
The result will display your full name, date of birth, purpose of the check & if any Discloseable Court Outcomes are recorded against your name. Discloseable Court Outcomes can include:
- Court appearances
- Pending Court Cases
- Findings of guilt in any court (with or without conviction)
- Good behaviour bonds or other court orders
The type of disclosable information will vary depending on; the purpose of the check & the relevant spent conviction legislation in each State and Territory.
The Application Process
Applying for a Volunteer Police Check is simple – the application process is paperless & can be completed online via the Information Brokers website. The only requirements are that you provide true & correct information, along with 4 selected ID documents for verification purposes.
1. Initial Details and Payments
Start your application by entering some basic details – full name, gender and date of birth – then add the application to your cart, checkout & process your credit card payment.
To streamline an application, upfront payment is required, as it allows us to keep track of your application – it also lets you save your progress and return to the application at any time. We do not keep or save any credit cards in our system.
2. Further Details
Upon payment, your application is saved in your account and can be completed at any time.
At this step, you just need to provide a few more details such as the purpose of the check (e.g your volunteering role) & some more personal details (including previous names & address details)
3. Upload ID Documents
Finally, you just need to upload ID documents, so we can verify your identity. A guide and calculator for ID documents is built into the application form, to let you know which documents you can upload.
4. Receive your Result
Once completed, the Police Check result will be emailed to you as a PDF certificate (a copy is also stored in your account). You can then print the certificate or email it directly to the person that needs to view the results.
For peace of mind, anyone viewing the certificate can verify it via our online verification tool.
Processing times will vary & are based on whether your details have a potential match in the National Police History database.
70% of applications are completed within a matter of minutes – whilst the remaining 30% require manual review & can take a number of business days to complete.
Why Go With Information Brokers?
Information Brokers is dedicated to providing the highest standard in search and intelligence services – it's why we're the only company to provide an all-encompassing range of company, personal, property and web services all in the one location.
Our expert local support staff are on hand to help you with any queries, guaranteeing a high level of customer service and satisfaction. With accreditation from The Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) to access the National Police Checking Service (NPCS) and deliver authentic reports, our products are up-to-date, verified and processed securely with 256 bit encryption security.
This service is conducted 100% online without the need to send forms or go to a post office, as the online forms enable fast transfers and results.
Does your Volunteer position require a Police Check Certificate? Get your Police Check online & hassle free with Information Brokers.
Please complete the following fields before adding this product to your shopping cart.
New Zealand Residents living in Australia
Additional Names & ID Documents
ACIC Terms and Conditions
Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) is collecting your personal information in this form in order to conduct a National Police History Check (NPHC) on you. It does this through a contractual arrangement with the Accredited Organisation – Information Brokers Pty Ltd (ABN 24 143 037 325). ACIC has contractual arrangements with its Accredited Organisations to collect personal information on its behalf to support processes assessing the suitability of people applying for employment, Australian citizenship, appointment to positions of trust, volunteer service or for various licensing or registration schemes. Accredited Organisations and their customers (such as
employers) use the personal information collected on this form and the resulting NPHC as part of their assessment process to determine your application. Some Accredited Organisations have a legislative basis for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. ACIC recommends that you seek further information about
any relevant/applicable legislative framework from Information Brokers Pty Ltd.
In some circumstances Accredited Organisations may have arrangements with overseas entities for administrative or other purposes. ACIC recommends that you seek further information from Information Brokers Pty Ltd in circumstances where your information is likely to be disclosed to overseas recipients.
Unless statutory obligations require otherwise, the information provided on this form will not be used without your prior consent for any purpose other than in relation to the assessment of your suitability; or to maintain the records of ACIC and police agencies; or for law enforcement purposes.
National Police History Check (NPHC)
Information on this form will be used by ACIC and police agencies for checking action; it will also be used to update records held about you by ACIC and police agencies. ACIC and police agencies will access their records to obtain and disclose Police History Information (PHI) that relates to you to:
- Accredited Organisation - Information Brokers Pty Ltd; and
- where applicable, the employer/Organisation arranging this check
The following links may be helpful in sourcing information on spent convictions in your State/Territory:
New South Wales www.legislation.nsw.gov.au
South Australia www.legislation.sa.gov.au
Victoria Police www.police.vic.gov.au
Western Australia www.slp.wa.gov.au
Northern Territory www.nt.gov.au/dcm/legislation/current.html
Australian Capital Territory www.legislation.act.gov.au
Limitations on accuracy and use of PHI
While every care has been taken by ACIC and police agencies to conduct a search of PHI that relates to the Applicant, the accuracy and quality of an NPHC issued by ACIC depends on accurate identification of the Applicant (including aliases), the comprehensiveness of police records and is based on the information provided in this form. If the Applicant does not complete the information requirements in this form the success
and validity of the NPHC will be compromised. It is in your interest to provide full and complete details in this form.
If for any reason you do not agree with the results of your NPHC, please notify Information Brokers Pty Ltd so that the NPCS dispute process can be initiated.
Provision of incomplete, false or misleading information
An Accredited Organisation and an Applicant must take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information collected or disclosed is accurate, complete and up to date. You are asked to certify that the personal information you have provided on this form is correct. It is a serious offence to provide false or misleading information on this form.
Accredited OrganisationThe Accredited Organisation processing this NPHC is; Information Brokers Pty Ltd (ABN 24 143 037 325). Should you have any concerns, Information Brokers Pty Ltd can be contacted by:
Phone: 03 9815 6840
Post: PO Box 887 Hawthorn VIC 3122
ACIC contact detailsFor more information regarding the NPHC process or the handling of Personal Information and Police History Information, you can contact the ACIC’s National Police Checking Service on:
Phone: 02 6268 7900
Consent to Obtain Personal InformationI, the applicant of this National Police History Check,
- acknowledge that I have read the General Information listed above and understand that information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable legislation and information release policies (including spent convictions legislation (however described) in the Commonwealth, States and Territories);
- understand that the purpose for which I am seeking a NPHC may be in a category for which exclusions from spent convictions legislation may apply;
- have fully and correctly completed this form, and the personal information I have provided in it relates to me, contains my full name and all names previously used by me;
- acknowledge that the provision of false or misleading information on this form is a serious offence;
- acknowledge that the Information Brokers Pty Ltd is collecting information in this form to provide to the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) (an Agency of the Commonwealth of Australia) and police agencies;
- consent to:
- ACIC and police agencies using and disclosing my personal information to conduct a National Police History Check;
- the police agencies disclosing to ACIC, from their records, Police History information that can be disclosed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth, States and Territories and in accordance with the relevant jurisdiction’s information release policies;
- ACIC disclosing the information sourced from the police agencies to Information Brokers Pty Ltd;
- Information Brokers Pty Ltd disclosing to the employer/organisation arranging this check, personal information to assess my suitability in relation to the purpose identified in this form;
- Information Brokers Pty Ltd retaining this form, for the sole purpose of conducting a future NPHC, should I request a new check be processed by Information Brokers Pty Ltd.
- acknowledge that any information provided by me on this form relates specifically to the purpose identified in Step 1 of this application;
- acknowledge that any information provided by the police agencies or ACIC relates specifically to the purpose identified in Step 1 of this application;
- acknowledge that any information sent, by mail or electronically, in relation to this form, including any identity documents, is sent at my own risk and I am aware of the consequences of these methods of lodgement;
- acknowledge that personal information that I provide in this form may be disclosed to Information Brokers Pty Ltd (including contractors or related bodies) located in Australia or overseas (refer to attached list if applicable); and
- acknowledge that it is usual practice for an Applicant’s personal information to be disclosed to police agencies for law enforcement purposes including the investigation of any outstanding criminal offences.
Note: The information you provide on this form will be used only for the purpose stated above unless statutory obligations require otherwise.