1300 552 052
(FAX) 03 9815 6800
Contact Hours 9:00am - 5:30pm
This article explains how to configure your email address in Microsoft Outlook 2007.
You will need the following:
• Email Address
• Email Password
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2007. From the Tools menu, select Account Settings.
- Click New.
- Select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, and then click Next.
- Ignore the fileds at the top of the page and scroll down...
- At the bottom, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail, and click Next.
- Select either IMAP or POP3 for your Account Type. Use these settings for your incoming and outgoing servers;
POP3 & IMAP Incoming mail server mail.ib.com.au Outgoing mail server (SMTP) smtp.ib.com.au
- Enter Your Name and full E-mail Address.
- Enter your User Name (your full email address) and Password, and select Remember password.
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab. Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming server.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- On the second line where it says Use the following type of encrypted connection select SSL from the drop down box. The port number in the box just above this will jump automatically to either 995 if you are using POP or 993 if you are using IMAP.
- Just below that you will see Outgoing server (SMTP), select SSL from the drop down box for Use the following type of encrypted connection and change the number in the box from 25 to 465.
- Click OK.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
That's it. Go ahead and check your email. If you don't see any messages, press F9 on your keyboard. To make sure you can send messages, try composing an email and sending it to yourself.