What sort of information do I need to have to register a company?
You will need the following:
- For each proposed director: their full name, former full name (if any), residential address, date and place of birth (a proprietary company may have a single director).
- For each proposed company secretary (if any - a proprietary company no longer needs to have a company secretary): their name, former full name (if any), residential address, date and place of birth (a public company must have one, or more than one, company secretary).
- For each proposed member/shareholder: their name, address and the number of shares they will own in the proposed company (a company may have a single member).
- The address of the proposed registered office of the company (an address in Australia where documents may be officially served to the company - this may be the company's principal place of business but it need not be).
- The address of the company's proposed principal place of business in Australia.